In addition to individual talks, the Center sponsors the Clark Quarterly Lectures at the Clark Library and the Early Modern Cosmopolitanisms series on the UCLA campus.
- Browse list of Kenneth Karmiole Lecture Series on the History of the Book Trade talks.
- Browse list of Stephen A. Kanter Lecture on California Fine Printing talks.
- Browse list of William Andrews Clark Lecture on Oscar Wilde talks.
- Browse list of Lectures, 2000–.
Blackness, Immobility, and Visibility in Europe 1600–1800: A New Collaborative Scholarly Resource at Journal 18
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- #_LOCATIONADDRESS, #_LOCATIONTOWN, #_LOCATIONSTATE #_LOCATIONPOSTCODE
Presented by Zirwat Chowdhury (UCLA) and Louis Susunaga Online event via Zoom Responding in June 2020 to the rallying cries of Black Lives Matter amid conditions of a nearly universal lockdown from a global pandemic, Journal 18 invited its readers to contribute to a digital timeline chronicling the representation and regulation of black bodies in Europe, c. 1600–1800. The aim...